Terms & conditions
Age UK is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee (registered charity
number 1128267 and registered company number 6825798).
Registered office: Tavis House, 1-6 Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9NA
VAT Number: 710 3843 66
Age Concern England (charity number 261794) and Help the Aged (charity number 272786)
and their trading and other associated companies merged on 1st April 2009. Together
they have formed Age UK, a single charity dedicated to improving the lives of older
people. The three national Age Concerns in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales
have also merged with Help the Aged in these nations to form three registered charities:
Age Scotland, Age NI, Age Cymru.
Terms & conditions
- Please read these terms carefully before using this website ("Site"). Your use of
this Site constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions, which take effect
on the first day of use of this Site.
- Age UK reserves the right to change these terms and conditions by posting the changes
online. Your continued use of this Site after changes are posted constitutes your
acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- These terms and conditions apply to any site under the control of Age UK and from
which a link has been created to these terms and conditions.
- Copyright in the material is owned by Age UK or its content suppliers. Age UK has
made every effort to gain copyright for all written material on this Site. Any person
who owns the copyright for material published on this Site, please
email the web team.
- Unauthorised use of the material including reproduction, storage, modification,
distribution or publication without the prior written consent of Age UK or, where
applicable, the respective copyright owner(s) is prohibited. Documents (including
information, images, photos, logos, names and icons without the prior written permission
of the copyright holders) on this site may not be downloaded, altered or adapted
for any purpose except for personal, non-commercial use. Should Age UK receive any
complaint with regard to third party material on this Site, it will review the matter
and remove material at its sole discretion. Age UK will have no further liability
to either party in such instance.
- The photographs of adults or children used within this Site to illustrate Age UK's
work are posed by models and do not depict actual situations.
- Materials on this Site are provided for the purposes of information or reporting
only and should not be relied upon. Independent advice should be sought on financial,
legal and medical matters.
- A licence is required to use Age UK Intellectual Property, including the Age UK
name and logo. Age UK shall consider such requests at its sole discretion. To request
a licence email the web team
- Links to third party websites on this Site are provided solely as a convenience
to you. Age UK is not responsible for the contents or the reliability of linked
third-party websites, either to or from the Age UK Site, and does not necessarily
endorse the views expressed within them. If you decide to access any of the third
party websites linked to this Site, you do so entirely at your own risk. Any website
wanting to create a link to any Age UK Site, or to request a link to be created
to them, must email the web team.
- If there is a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and/or specific terms
of use appearing on this Site relating to specific material then the latter shall
- You agree to use this Site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does
not infringe the rights of, restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this Site
by any third party. Such restriction and inhibition includes, without limitation,
conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience
to any person, the transmission of obscene or offensive material or disruption of
normal flow of dialogue within this Site.
- Unless otherwise requested, by posting messages on any Age UK Site discussion board
you are granting a license to Age UK to reproduce these comments on any other part
of the Site and in any other Age UK publications.
- Where you are able to submit any contribution to the Age UK Site you agree, by submitting
your contribution, to grant Age UK a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licenseable
right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative
works from, distribute, perform, play, and exercise all copyright and publicity
rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution
in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any
rights that may exist in your contribution. If you do not want to grant Age UK the
rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to Age UK.
- By submitting your contribution to Age UK you warrant that your contribution is
your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to Age UK
for any or all of the purposes specified above. Furthermore, you warrant your contribution
is not defamatory, does not infringe any law, you indemnify Age UK against all legal
fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Age UK as a result of your
breach of the above warranty and waive any moral rights in your contribution for
the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Age UK Site and the purposes
- Age UK has the right to remove any material or posting you make on this Site at
- If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this Site must
be terminated immediately.
- Age UK does not accept liability for any damages whatsoever, including, without
limitation, indirect or consequential damages, loss of profits, or any damages whatsoever
arising out of, or in connection with the use or loss of use of this Site.
- While Age UK endeavours to ensure that the Site is available 24 hours a day, Age
UK does not warrant that the functions contained in the material in this Site will
be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Site
or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. Age UK may make
changes to the materials on this Site, or to the information, products and prices
described in them, at any time without notice. The materials on this Site may be
out of date, and Age UK makes no commitment to update the Materials on this Site.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the
laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising here shall be exclusively subject
to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Any questions regarding the Site should be
emailed to the web team